Netboot i686/amd64 desktop
- Ensure you have a dhcp, pxe and tftp servers running.
- Ensure your pxe configuration have "lang= locale=en_US priority=critical text hostname=raring" added to the append line.
- Boot using the pxe-tftp setup.
- The installer should load and retrieve additional components
- Type your full name (using capitals) then press Enter.
- The select username page loads with a capital-less version of your first name.
- Choose a username the press enter.
- Type and confirm a password that is below 8 character long.
- A warning that you have chosen a weak password should appear.
- Select "no" then type and confirm the password you want to use.
- The partition disks page should loads
- Select "Guided - use entire disk".
- Select the disk you would like to use.
- Agree to the changes to be made.
- The installer continues with the installation process (this may take a while on older hardware)
- The installer prompts the installation is complete.
- Select continue.
- The system restarts.
- Remove the installation media.
- The system boots properly and ask for login credentials
- Fill login credentials.
- The system accepted credentials?, shows information about Ubuntu and presents a bash prompt?
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.