- If this is your first time, make sure to read the Nexus7 Installation Instructions completely and setup ubuntu-nexus7-installer as described in this document.
- Make sure that your nexus7 is unlocked, and in fastboot mode
- To boot into fastboot mode, turn the device off and hold the volume-down button while pressing the power button to turn the device on
- Run the Ubuntu Nexus7 Installer from the launcher, or by manually running
- At the 'Welcome to the Ubuntu Core Nexus7 Installer' screen, select 'Yes' that you are ready to begin the installation.
- If you have used this tool before, the next screen may tell you that there were previously downloaded images found and ask if you would like to re-flash using those images. Select 'No'.
- Click 'OK' on the next screen, read the license agreement, and select 'Agree' to continue the installation
- Complete the rest of the installation and wait for the device to boot
- After the device boots up, you should see the oem installer, asking you to select your time zone, username, etc. Complete this portion of the install as well
- After all installation steps are complete, you should be at an Ubuntu desktop
- Make sure the Dash works by pressing the dash icon on the launcher at the left-hand side of the screen
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.