Before you begin, make sure you are booted into a fresh session, and that you haven't opened any audio applications - including any browser pages with audio content.
- Open qjackctl from the menu
- Start jack and confirm the jack starts in real time mode. Then stop jack to confirm it closes properly. Finish by starting jack and keeping it on for the duration of this test.
- Open Hydrogen from the menu
- Create a quick beat and play it - you should hear sound. If you aren't hearing any sound, make sure that connections are accurate in Qjackctl -> Connect, and that your hardware levels are not muted.
- See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/ProAudioIntro for more info on audio on Ubuntu Studio if you're having trouble.
- You can close Hydrogen once you are done
- Make sure pulseaudio is connected to jack
- In Qjackctl -> Connect make sure that pulseaudio sink and source exist.
- Open the pulseaudio mixer (pavucontrol).
- Set Pulseaudio to use jack in both "output devices" and "input devices"
- Test desktop sound through jack
- Open firefox and go to any page that has audio. Flash video will not work, so html5 is preferred - such as http://youtube.com/html5.
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.