Start by downloading the boot.img-[fb|serial] file from http://ports.ubuntu.com/dists//main/installer-armel/current/images//netboot/ where is the current release, is the armel processor (omap, omap4, etc), and either boot.img-fb for console based install or boot.img-serial for serial console (headless) install.
- sudo dd bs=1024 if=boot.img-[fb|serial] of="path-to-raw-sdcard-device"
- insert sd card into platform and reboot.
- System should boot to the debian installer. Follow prompts to install using the following parameters:
- Guided partitioning - full drive.
- No encryption on home directory
- Pick a task (note not all graphical environments have been tested on armel)
The install will pull the necessary packages from the ports.ubuntu.com repository (alternatively you can pull from a local mirror). Record any failures during the install process. Success is determined when the system completes the installation and reboots into a working image.
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.