LTSP is the Linux Terminal Server Project. It allows you to set up a diskless workstation environment with not much effort. The Edubuntu DVD ships with a feature called Live LTSP that allows you to try out or demonstrate LTSP without making any permanent changes to a system.
- Start Edubuntu from an image and select the "Try Edubuntu without Installing" option from the boot menu to start up to a full desktop session
- Edubuntu desktop boots up properly
- Open the dash and type "LTSP Live"
- "LTSP Live" launches and displays a prompt
- Select an unused network interface
- A configuring prompt displays showing progress
- Boot a thin client and configure it to utilize the live LTSP server
- Thin client boots and obtains a working desktop from server
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.