Scope of this test is to verify that the system is installed, you can login into it, rootfs and securityfs are rightly mounted.
Proceed in your native language if you wish. Instructions will remain in English
- Boot up the image
- Choose the desired language
- Select "Install Ubuntu Server"
- Choose the language
- Select your location
- Configure locales
- At configure keyboard page, select NO
- Select the country of the keyboard
- Select the keyboard layout
- Select hostname ubuntu as default
- Insert the name for the new user
- Insert the name for the account
- Choose a password
- Reinsert the password
- At encrypt request select NO
- Verify or setup the timezone
- At partitioning select "Guided - Use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM"
- Select disk to partition
- At "Write changes to disks", verify that everythings is right and select YES
- Enter the ecryption passphrase
- Re-enter passphrase
- Change the amount of the volume or let it as default
- At "http proxy" request, leave it blank and press enter
- At managing upgrades select "No automatic updates"
- At Software selection, press "Enter"
- Select to install Grub in the master boot record
- Remove the installation media (CDROM or USB key)
- Wait that the system reboot
- Enter passphrase, login and run:
- sudo mount
- Verify that the root file system is mounted from /dev/mapper/ubuntu-root and securityfs is mounted from /sys/kernel/security.
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.