The goal of this test case is to check that localization support is functional during the installation from a live cd session and that language packs are downloaded and installed correctly from the Internet.
- Boot up the image
- Select a non-English language and press Enter
- The boot screen is displayed in the selected language
- Select Try FAMILY without any change to your computer and press Enter
- Once the live session has started, verify that the system is localized to the previously selected language
- Double click on the Install icon
- Once Ubiquity starts click on Forward
- Select the same non English language from the list and click Forward
- Select your timezone and click Forward
- Check your keyboard layout is correct or alter click Forward
- Select Erase and use the entire disk and click Forward
- Input your initial user details and password Note admin can not be used it is a dedicated Linux User
- Tick Log in automatically and click on Forward
- Check the details are correct on the final page and click Install
- Once the installer has finished choose to Restart the system now
- Remove the disc and press Enter
- Allow the machine to reboot
- Verify that your system is localized:
- For any language, the system has to be fully localized. Note: the translation coverage of some languages might not be complete
- Check that the calendar shows the regional settings correctly
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.