A copy of Windows must already be installed for this test case. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Backing_Up for information on saving a Windows image for repeated installs. This testcase ensures Wubi can add a boot menu entry to allow users to boot off the CD without having to change the device boot order in the bios.
- Switch on your machine log in to Windows
- Insert the install cd
- The Wubi CD Menu (Umenu) starts
- Select "Demo and Full installation"
- Select the third option "CD-booter"
- A small dialog should appear with some further information. Confirm and install
- You should now have a new "Wubi" option within the Windows boot menu. If you boot from CD anyway, select "Boot from first hard disk" within the CD boot menu in order to simulate the circumstances of a user with different device boot order. If you use grub or other bootloader, you will have to chainload into the Windows bootloader to see the new entry
- If you select "Wubi" it should load the kernel/initrd from hard disk and then try to boot off the CD rom (which should be in the tray) and land in the Live CD desktop
If all actions produce the expected results listed, please submit a 'passed' result.
If an action fails, or produces an unexpected result, please submit a 'failed' result and file a bug. Please be sure to include the bug number when you submit your result.